This Cuckoo Clock depicts a Clock maker’s workshop, situated in the front of a traditional chalet style house with shingled hip roof, dorm window, bell tower and chimney. The house is surrounded with pine trees and colorful flowers in the flower beds. The wooden case is stained in walnut, and decorated with miniature windows with painted shutters. It has a solid wood cuckoo which calls every half hour with the correct time on the hour and once on the half hour. As the Cuckoo calls, the girl rings the bell using the rope. After the Cuckoo calls on the hour there are a number of features being
- One of the two alternating melodies plays
- The girl waves to the clock carrier, who is walking away with his umbrella.
- The clock maker moves and is concentrating on repairing the clocks.
- In the windows there are lights.
- The water wheel turns
- The dance figurines turn to the music.
The clock face, numbers and clock hands are all made of wood. This clock has an automatic night switch off and the mechanical clockwork should runs for a whole week. The clock requires 2 size c batteries (not included)